Monday, October 6, 2008

Church camp

Church camp has come and gone. Like Mike, I find myself wondering too "why am i attending church camp?". However, I have a different reason to ask this question .

No doubt I really thank God for blessing me with little Miracle. I love her with every ounce of my being. No matter how fulfilling motherhood can be, sometimes I find myself agonizing over the commitment it takes to raise a child. Since becoming a mum, I am no longer able to serve in church to the level that I'd desire. Don't talk about serving, most days I find attending services pointless. I'm not able to concentrate on the sermon, I can't flip through a bible coz I'd risk it being torn by my little "babyzilla"and I can't do what I love most too; worship through songs during Praise and Worship. Combined service is worse, I'd spend half the time in the mother's room upstairs and hear nothing but the voices of children playing.

Worshiping God with 10kg in ur arms ain't easy! :)

Now, I'm not complaining about church. I love the church and my brothers and sister in it. That's why in the midst of this "pointlessness" I still attend services. No matter what I feel, I know God is pleased when I make the effort to attend. If there's one thing I've learnt from Mike it's this: When it is the right thing, just do it! Therefore, when it came to church camp, I just went. I expected 4days/3nights of "baby serving". To my surprise, Mike was able to get some time off to take over baby sitting. I was able to sit in 2 services and learnt from what Ps Timothy had to teach. Mike might not know it but he blessed me with his love and kindness when he did that.

So glad I'm yours!

Since I had Miracle, I also had less time to conect with other people in church. (Well, except for other mums that is). So, ocassionally I do feel left out. Then a bunch of youths did something very nice for me in church camp. One afternoon, Miracle was so sleepy she couldn't wait till lunch. As you know, lunch time in camp is scheduled and I can't eat any time I want. Mike had something to do so he was not free to take over caring for Miracle. I thought I'll just have to be contented with biscuits for lunch when a suprise came knocking on my door. Pauline, Joyce and Yuki came in with lunch!! Room service in church camp. Isn't it nice... Thank you little angels for sending not just food but ur love. After that, Aaron Yong and a bunch of guys came knocking on my door. All they did was to check on me and ask me if everything was OK. Their simple act made me so happy! I'm glad our church is bulding up such loving youths. Well done young people! You really made my day.


Love all of ya!

Next time I don't feel like going to church, I'll tell myself to go just so I can smile to the youths that loved me so.

11 comments:

Jayne said...

I agree with you. I also can't concentrate during the church camp

mitmit said...

At least now I know I'm not the only one who feels like that :).

I believe that God will give us the strength to get through it. Let's encourage each other through this season of "baby watching".

Edr3nK0h said...

i also can't really concentrate because of "baby" watching er.. hahaha.. :$

may God give me the strenght to get thru it too.. hehe

mitmit said...

Edren, whose baby were u watching, huh? Come and jaga Miracle for me once in a while lah.

Pauline said...

Ahhhh >o<
My heart fell when I read the whole post.
Didn't know that little act could mean so much to you.

Love you oh si mou =)
<3 heartssss.
muacks!

Edmund said...

ooo... Edren busy watching babes la, not baby. m i rite Dren-Dren =)

~doNNa^~ said...

If not because I was busy and need to concentrate on the message so much I will always be there for the mommies... Muaks muaks!! "si mou"... I believe Ps Mike will always be there for you then you need him. He is your "superman" mah...

mitmit said...

Pauline,

Never underestimate what little kind acts can do in other people's lives. You never know, it might be angels u might b serving one day!

mitmit said...

Edmund,

I think you are right.

But... "babes" are not as nice to watch as "babies" mah. "Babes" only sit there and flick their hair. We should encourage Edren to look at the "babies". More active, more interesting.

mitmit said...

Donna,

Don't worry sweety. Your job is to listen to the sermon and grow. Come help us baby watching mummies only when u r free. ;)

Edr3nK0h said...

Haha... Edmund really know my heart's thinking.. haha.. Si mou.. watch ur miracle can geh.. btw.. i'm also watching at active and moving here and there punya "babes and babies" leh.... not only those that know how to flick their hair jeh geh.. hahaha

finally can come back and kacau after formatting my notebook.. yeh... :)