Saturday, August 23, 2008

Baby talk

Oh Mike, when r u coming home?

This school holidays was a delightful but gloomy school holiday. Delightful of course just in the fact that it’s the school holidays! Except for one day in which I have to work, otherwise I get almost a whole week of “me” time. The problem this time round is that I’ve had too much “me” time. Mike is in Cambodia and I spent the earlier part of the school holidays mulling around - therefore the gloomy me.

No mater how cute and adorable Miracle is, it’s certainly depressing having to spend the whole day talking to a one and a half year old little kid. Can u imagine a conversation that goes like this:

Me: Baby, what do you think mummy should get for dinner tonight?

Baby: nen nen

Me: I know you like milk but mummy is not very fond of milk.

Baby: Seet.

Me: Oh, you mean mummy should sit and think about it?

Baby: nen nen

In the end, I went to the supermarket, bought a carton of fresh milk and plunged some cookies in it; as advised by my little girl. It was ok for one night. However, it got kind of yucky having cookies and milk for lunch and dinner a few days in a row. Thank God my mom in law came over when I had to work. Hence, the end of my milk and cookies days. (LO Really L)


Ah...Nen nen!

No comments: