Saturday, May 24, 2008

I am so proud of myself

Saturdays… I love Saturdays. Last Saturday, was an exciting one for me. I did many things that I’ve never done before.

Nope, I did not get my nose pierced although I have been considering about it. Nor did I bungee jump off a bridge, I don’t think I’ll ever have the guts for that. Not even if I was chased by a pack of blood thirsty, rabid infested wolves. Anyway, it may seem mundane for some but it was an achievement for me and I daresay I am PROUD of MYSELF! Hahahah!!!

I took Miracle on an LRT ride all by myself last Saturday! It was only when I stepped into the jam packed LRT that I realized I couldn’t possibly stay upright with one hand carrying my 9.8kg baby and another hand juggling between getting her stuff if she fusses and trying to hold on to the pole. Thank God there were such nice people on the train who let me have their seats. Funny thing was both times, it was the ladies who gave up their seats. Way to go ladies!! Where did all the nice men go??!!


Although I acquired a great sense of achievement by taking the LRT alone with Miracle, boy was it tiring! Although I seriously detest driving around KL, perhaps I should. Now I know why everyone wants to buy a car or two.


After the LRT accomplishment, the next was taking care of a sleep deprived baby and trying to have lunch with my colleagues; alone. You see, I am a much pampered wife and mother. My husband is usually the one taking care of my baby when we r out. Especially when we go for dinner etc. So, sad to say, I haven’t had much practice. Miracle and I both made it in one piece. (Applause, ladies and gentleman!). I was up to my neck by the time we were leaving and the thought of the LRT ride home was making me nervous. Thank God my supervisor gave me a ride even though it was quite out of the way. Not to mention braving the Saturday afternoon jam. With all that kindness showered upon me, I was ballooning with feel good vibes which sustained me through the next adventure: THE LIFT!

After a long day, our little family went to a relative’s house and got stuck in the lift. Probably about 20 mins according to my husband. I wasn’t keeping time cause I was thinking of how to perform CPR in case my baby passes out in the stuffy lift. Heheh!! Paranoia that mothers have… Through out the 20 minutes, my little one was fanned by two pretty “jie jie” ‘s. It's fortunate we got stuck with such caring people.

I’m glad Malaysia is still filled with kind people.


A tired Miracle after a long day.

5 comments:

~doNNa^~ said...

Haha... I remembered there was once I brought my ex-colleague's 1 1/2 year-old daughter out. Thank God she was so obedient. Don't know why, still I hope that I would have a baby of my own. shh... ahaha...

Edr3nK0h said...

Mother's Nature ma.. hehe..

Leon Lim said...

she is just so cute.....i miss her so so much....

Thanks for taking care of her....what a wonderful mommy

mitmit said...

Don't worry Donna, i wanted to have kids ever since I was 15. Just didn't expect her to be so adorable. hahahehe.

~doNNa^~ said...

Yeah... She's just so cute and adorable. Love her so much... Hehe...